Executive Initiatives LLC, DBA Chemical Intelligence is committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience while using our websites, products, or services (“Platform”).
This Policy applies to Chemical Intelligence’s Platform and provides you with guidance on your rights and obligations in relation to your personal information.
2. Collection of Personal Information
“Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual or device, and may include things such as your name, physical address, email address, phone number, login information, marketing preferences, company affiliation, geographic location, or payment card information. Chemical Intelligence may collect personal information that is necessary for legitimate business purposes, which will be disclosed to you at the time of collection. Chemical Intelligence will use this information for the purposes for which it was collected. Chemical Intelligence may also collect personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us. One of the most common methods of collecting personal information is during the online form submission or registration process, including where a website user is requesting a free trial or a courtesy newsletter, registering for an event, or responding to similar offers such as sample reports, white papers, or further product information. In some instances, Chemical Intelligence and the third parties we engage may automatically collect and aggregate data using cookies, weblogs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of our Platform and to help us tailor content or offers for you. Please read Section 8 (Cookies) below for more information.
3. Purpose and Use of Personal Information
Chemical Intelligence may use your personal information for operational, legal, administrative, and other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
• Providing you with requested products or services.
• Providing you with information regarding similar products or events.
• Analyzing and monitoring extent of use.
• Providing customized product and service information.
• Allowing users to participate voluntarily in mailings or other events.
• Providing product service updates, information, and alerts.
• Sending communications, including for marketing or other customer satisfaction purposes.
• Order processing and to provide transaction documents.
• To contact users for information verification purposes.
• Analyzing and monitoring extent of use and enhancing Chemical Intelligence’s Platform.
• Conducting due diligence activities for financial institutions and other regulated companies.
4. Your Rights
We strive to make sure that our information is reliable, accurate, and up-to-date. While personal information is maintained by Chemical Intelligence, individuals in certain jurisdictions will have rights over how their personal information is processed.
Below is a brief description of rights that may apply to you:
4.1 Right of access
4.2 Right to information
4.3 Right to rectification
4.3 Right to erasure
4.4 Right to restrict processing
4.5 Right to the right to object to the processing of your personal information
4.6 Right to data portability
4.7 Right to opt out of the sale of your personal information
4.8 Right to nondiscrimination
Because your personal information—for example, your email address—is often required to access or use Chemical Intelligence platforms and technologies, we retain personal information as long as your account is active. You may have the opportunity to correct, update, or modify this information by logging into your account and updating your information online. Please note that some information may be retained in our systems, where permitted by law, even after you request deletion.
5. Sharing Personal Information
To support the purposes listed in Section 3 (Purpose and Use of Personal Information), Chemical Intelligence may share or disclose personal information to:
• Chemical Intelligence’s parent, subsidiary, affiliates, and other related companies for the purposes listed in Section 3 (Purpose and Use of Personal Information).
• The organization that arranges your access to our products or services (if that is not you) to fulfill its contractual obligations and to provide our products and services.
• Service providers and business partners for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our products or services, sending marketing and communications related to our business, payment processing, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
There may also be instances when Chemical Intelligence may disclose your personal information without providing you with a choice in order to:
• Honor a request that you have made through the products or services.
• Comply with the law or in response to a court order, government request, or other legal process.
• Protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Chemical Intelligence or others.
• Protect against fraud or for risk management purposes.
• Respond to adverse third parties (i.e., adverse parties and their counsel and other agents) in the context of litigation.
In addition, if Chemical Intelligence sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, you acknowledge that Chemical Intelligence may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction.
In all cases Chemical Intelligence requires all unaffiliated third parties to treat personal information as confidential. Chemical Intelligence will not provide personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
If you participate in a discussion forum, chat room, or provide comments related to Chemical Intelligence on a social media or other public platform, you should be aware that the information you provide there (i.e., your public profile) will be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither Chemical Intelligence nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that social media forums and chat rooms not controlled by Chemical Intelligence may have additional rules and conditions. Chemical Intelligence is not responsible for the personal information or any other information you choose to submit on these forums that are not Chemical Intelligence controlled.
The Platform may offer you the ability to share personal information through a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), using integrated tools (e.g., Facebook “Like” button, or Twitter “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables you to share personal information about yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that you have established with such social networking site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking site or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
6. Security of Personal Information
Chemical Intelligence has physical, administrative, and technical safeguards in place to help protect the personal information Chemical Intelligence collects. While there is no such thing as perfect security on the Internet, we will take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure the safety of your personal information.
7. Retention of Personal Information
Chemical Intelligence will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
8. Cookies we use and their purpose
9. Cross Border Transfer of Personal Information
As a global organization, we may transfer your personal information to Chemical Intelligence affiliates, agents, contractors, service providers, and to third parties in various countries and jurisdictions around the world. By using our websites or products, or providing any personal information to us, where applicable law permits, you acknowledge the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.
Chemical Intelligence safeguards and enables the global transfer of personal information in a number of ways:
UK, EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks
EU Commission Standard Contractual Clauses
EU Commission Adequacy Decisions
10. Prospective Employee and Employee Information
If you submit an application for employment to or are currently an employee of Chemical Intelligence, Chemical Intelligence is authorized to collect the information in any form it obtains through your application for employment or continued employment with Chemical Intelligence, and your submission of employee related documents, including but not limited to the personal information that you submit in connection with your employment or intended employment (collectively “Employee Information”).
Employee Information may be stored in hard copy or electronic format within your branch office or in the cloud in the United States or other countries where Chemical Intelligence, its affiliates, agents, or contractors conduct business. Your Employee Information may be transferred into our human resources systems and used to manage your employment, may become part of your personnel file, and may be used for other work-related purposes. Your Employee Information will be kept for as long as is legally required, and in some instances longer depending upon the needs of the organization and industry practices.
11. Additional Information for Certain Jurisdictions is available for:
European Economic Area
12. Other Contractual Relationships
13. Other Websites
14. Contact Information
9901 Brodie Lane, Suite 160-811
Austin, TX 78748
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
If Chemical Intelligence needs, or is required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.